The AquaEd scheme is made up of four frameworks. These are:
- Swim England Pre School framework
- Swim England Learn to swim framework (stages 1 to 7)
- Swim England Aquatic Skills (stage 8 to 10)
- Swim England Adult framework
The Learn to Swim and Aquatic Skills Frameworks are made up of multiple stages. Once you have passed a stage, you will receive an award!
Pre School Framework
This is the very first Framework of AquaEd and introduces children from 6 months to the water. This is made up of two stages; Adult & Child and Duckling.
During the Adult & Child stage, you will be in the pool with your child, making them feel at ease in the water with guidance from our Instructors.
During the Duckling stage, your child will progress to swimming without you in the water but will be aided by our expert Instructors.
Your child will learn the core swimming skills during this Framework through fun and games. They will gain water confidence from the start of their learn to swim journey.
Learn to Swim Framework
The Learn to Swim Framework is aimed at children aged 4-11 years. This is made up of seven stages which will teach your child all of the fundamentals of swimming. Each stage has a number of competencies which have to be completed.
Aquatic Skills Framework
The Aquatic Skills Framework is aimed at those that have completed the Learn to Swim Framework. This is made up of three stages. These are swimming, diving and water polo and allows you to develop existing skills further.
Information coming soon.
Lessons Available at
- Catmose Sports Centre
- Flitwick Leisure Centre
- Hitchin Swimming Centre
- Houghton Regis Leisure Centre
- North Herts Leisure Centre
- Royston Leisure Centre
- Saxon Pool & Leisure Centre
- Stevenage Swimming Centre
- Tiddenfoot Leisure Centre
- The Dunstable Centre
Type of Sessions Available
- Adult Swimming Lessons
- Adult & Baby/Child
- Rookie Lifeguard
- Mini Polo
- AquaEd Crash Courses
- AquaEd School Swimming
- Distance Awards
- Sessions available at selected centres
Reasons to join
- Runs for 50 weeks a year
- Monthly direct debit payments
- Fun, engaging and professional teaching
- Awards at each stage
- Home Portal facility to manage progress
- Subsidised swimming outside of lesosns