USING THE CENTRE SAFELY
Catmose Sports Centre
Catmose Sports Centre is now open for a range of activities including the gym, a range of classes and indoor sports.
Rutland County Council and SLL have agreed swimming lessons will restart at Catmose pool in Oakham from Monday 31 August. The swim team will be contacting customers in the next few days to confirm your lesson day and time.
The Council and SLL are continuing to discuss how other swimming activities can operate safely and cost-effectively.
For Your Health and Wellbeing
- Please stay at home and self-isolate even if you only have minor symptoms such as; such as cough; headache; mild fever; Exercise cannot ‘sweat it out’.
- Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub to kill any viruses that may be on your hands, before arriving and between equipment usage.
- We have extra sanitiser stations around the centre but we also recommend that you bring your own.
- Maintain the government recommended social distancing of at least 2 metres from other persons.
One Way System & Circulation Areas
- A new one-way system is operating throughout the centre, please follow the arrows on the floor.
- Please come ready to work out, as changing space and shower facility will be limited to disable areas only.
- Consideration should be given to how you may be able to shower away from the centre.
- Lockers will not be available to further notice.
- Toilet availability will be limited and due to the layout of our centre we ask that you co-operate with others on maintaining social distance. Please always wash your hands thoroughly.
- If you do require lift access then only 1 person in the lift at any one time unless you are from the same household.
Using The Gym
- In order to maintain fair usage we will be hosting 1 hour bookable work out sessions.
- Numbers will be controlled and you will not be able to just ‘swipe in’. If you haven’t booked online or over the phone for your gym session you will have to register with reception to arrange your attendance and may be turned away if the timeslot is full.
- The gym has been spaced out so that each station is at least 2 metres apart. To accommodate this, the gym has been re-arranged to maintain as much equipment as possible across three locations (Gym floor, Studio 2, Auxiliary Hall up at the pool).
- Equipment has been spread out to maximise the kit available for your workout.
- Please wipe down the machine / equipment both before and after each use.
- Free weights/equipment should not be replaced once used. Please leave them in your workout zone and a member of staff will clean and return them for you. This is important to help distinguish the clean and used equipment and stay safe.
- Spotting and sharing of machines with those not from your household is not allowed so please be considerate to your fellow user over the time spent on a piece of equipment.
- Limited mats are available; please bring your own mat whenever possible if you wish to do any floor work.
- Our new Fogger machine, a D10 chemical dispenser that helps us to deep clean areas of the centre by sanitising and disinfecting surfaces
- The class programme will be on reduced timetable upon re-opening.
- Please view the online booking for classes as the most accurate timetable of classes.
- We ask that you arrive at the confirmed start time and please wait outside the centre to be called in.
- Please book online or over the phone for your class, we are restricted in numbers and booking upon arrival may result in you not being able to take part.
- Mats will be available but please bring your own mat when possible.
- Some classes have reduced in time to allow for cleaning and changeover, please help staff by cleaning your own equipment before and after each class.
- The class programme will be reviewed weekly.
- Upon re-opening only badminton will be available.
- We will not be hiring out any equipment therefore you must bring your own equipment.
- Booking terms have changed for our re-opening and you can only book a maximum of 7 days in advance.
- Other sporting activities will be reviewed on a weekly basis.
Any customer observed not following the above code of conduct will be asked to leave the centre immediately by staff.
Note if you are showing any of the symptoms of COVID-19 such as cough, headache or mild fever, for your safety and for the safety of you friends and their families, please stay at home.
These steps are in place for both your safety and the safety of everyone connected in the community, thank you in advance for respecting this code of conduct.
We look forward to seeing you all soon.
Huntsmans Drive, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6RP
|Mon - Fri||6.30am - 9.00pm|
|Sat - Sun||7.30am - 4.00pm|
Catmose Sports Centre is a 13 minute walk from Oakham Train Station. The bus route can be found here. Car parks are available around the centre and are free to members.
Working in partnership with Rutland County Council.