Hertfordshire Stop Smoking Service offers free, confidential and non-judgemental professional advice and support to smokers and e-cigarette users are welcome as well. This increases your chance of stopping smoking by up to four times. They provide weekly one-to-one support across the county for up to 12 weeks, by telephone support instead of face to face appointments during the current pandemic.
- Your stop smoking advisor will:
- Understand addiction and what it is like to be a smoker
- Listen to what you have to say and work with you to create a plan
- Know what works and use motivational techniques to you through the challenging times to become a successful non-smoker
- Advise on withdrawal symptoms and how to combat cravings
- Advise on nicotine replacement therapy and other products such as Champix and offer support with e-cigarettes
Contact Hertfordshire Stop Smoking Service on 0800 389 3 998 (free from landline) or 01442 453 071 or text SMOKEFREE to 80818 or send an email
Once you are referred, the service will contact you in 48 hours to start your Smokefree journey.
For further information visit www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/stopsmoking
Stevenage Arts & Leisure Centre, Lytton Way, Stevenage, SG1 1LZ
01438 579 390
|Monday - Friday||9.00am - 5.00pm|
The centre is located across the road from Stevenage Train Station and is a 2 minute walk from Stevenage Bus Station. The bus route can be found here. Car parks are available around the centre.
Working in partnership with Hertfordshire County Council & Stevenage Borough Council.