Using the centre safely
Hitchin Swimming Centre & Archers Gym
Following the government’s announcement of the final stage of the roadmap out of lockdown, we are pleased that we are all able to take the next step back to normality. Therefore when you visit after the 19th July there will be further changes.
The government has advised that a number of restrictions will be lifted. We have reviewed the guidance and have made the decision that we will be implementing a phased approach within our centres. Everyone’s safety remains our top priority so we would ask you to continue to support us by observing any measures that remain in place.
For Your Health and Wellbeing
- Stay at home if you are showing any symptoms of Covid-19 please do not come to the centre.
- Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub to kill any viruses that may be on your hands.
- Please make sure you have washed and / or sanitised your hands before entering your activity session. We have extra sanitiser stations around the centre but we also recommend that you bring your own.
- Please review our Health Commitment Statement before your first visit
From Monday 19th July, the following will apply;
Around the Centre
Some measures remain in place such as;
- sanitising stations,
- screens in busy areas
- enhanced cleaning regimes
Where possible we will be removing the one way and queuing systems. You may find that in some situations they will be altered or possibly remain in place.
Changing rooms that may have been closed will now be open for use. Face coverings will be an individual’s choice.
Using The Gym
We will be removing the social distance restrictions within the gym. This will mean we can return equipment to the main gym floor and more equipment will be available to use.
You will also not be required to pre-book your gym session, meaning you can visit at a time convenient to you.
Please continue to clean and wipe down the equipment before and after use. From the 19th July you can also bring your own towel into the gym.
We will be removing social distance restrictions in our classes which will allow us to increase our class capacity. We will be reviewing our class timetable over the coming weeks, introducing any changes in a phased approach.
Should you wish to still workout at home, our OnDemand classes are still available to allow you to workout at time convenient to you.
Pre-booking for some swimming sessions will remain in place. However there will also be some sessions that will not require pre-booking and you are welcome to visit the centre and book in with our reception team.
We will be implementing a phased return of our swimming timetable, so please visit the website for the latest information.
When you attend your lessons after 19th July the following will apply;
- Where possible we suggest all swimmers continue to arrive beach ready in order to reduce the number of people in our changing rooms.
- Class sizes or space allocated in the pool will return to our pre-Covid levels, in line with the guidelines from our National Governing body.
- Instructors will resume a water based teaching style where required.
- We will continue our increased disinfection of our swim school equipment.
- Most of the lessons will return to shared use with other user groups such as public swimming, Lane swimming etc.
- Free swimming for all swim school members will resume please note some sites may continue to run booking systems, please familiarise yourselves with the processes.
- One way systems within the centres may alter and are subject to change. Please familiarise yourselves with the new processes.
We are making these changes to continue to keep everyone safe and we will be reviewing these on a regular basis. Please continue to support us by observing any measures in place.
Note if you are showing any of the symptoms of COVID-19 such as cough, headache or mild fever, for your safety and for the safety of you friends and their families, please stay at home.
Thank you again for your support over what has been a very difficult time for everyone.
- Technogym Fitness Suite
- Outdoor Swimming Pool
- Indoor Swimming Pool
- Workout Class Studios
- Splash Cafe
- Off Peak Membership
- Joint Off Peak Membership
- Peak Membership
- Joint Peak Membership
- Swim Membership
- Workout Membership
- Studio 2 Membership
- Workout Plus Membership
- Body Composition Scans
- Personal Training
- Lifestyles Programme
- Exercise Referral
- Technogym mywellness
Fishponds Road, Hitchin, Herts SG5 1HA
fitness: 01462 437111 pool: 01462 441646
|Mon - Fri||6.30am - 10.00pm|
|Sat - Sun||7.00am - 6.00pm|
|Outdoor pool opening||29th May|
Hitchin Swimming Centre & Archers Gym is a 17 minute walk from Hitchin Train Station. The bus route can be found here. Car parking is available next to the centre. During busy periods, additional parking is available at:
Hitchin Town football club
Lairage Multi-Storey Car Park
Working in partnership with North Herts District Council.