Using the centre
Flitwick Leisure Centre
Following the government’s announcement of the final stage of the roadmap out of lockdown, we are pleased that we are all able to take the next step back to normality. Therefore when you visit after the 19th July there will be further changes.
The government has advised that a number of restrictions will be lifted. We have reviewed the guidance and have made the decision that we will be implementing a phased approach within our centres. Everyone’s safety remains our top priority so we would ask you to continue to support us by observing any measures that remain in place.
For Your Health and Wellbeing
- Stay at home if you are showing any symptoms of Covid-19 please do not come to the centre.
Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub to kill any viruses that may be on your hands.
Please make sure you have washed and / or sanitised your hands before entering your activity session. We have extra sanitiser stations around the centre but we also recommend that you bring your own.
Please review our Health Commitment Statement before your first visit.
From Monday 19th July, the following will apply;
Around the Centre
Some measures remain in place such as;
- sanitising stations,
- screens in busy areas
- enhanced cleaning regimes
- one way systems
One way system will remain in place, however there may be adjustments made to some of the exit points.
Changing rooms that may have been closed will now be open for use.
Whilst face coverings will be an individual’s choice, we would suggest they are still worn whilst moving around the centre.
We will be removing the social distance restrictions within the gym. This will mean we can return equipment to the main gym floor and all equipment will be available to use.
You will also not be required to pre-book your gym session, meaning you can visit at a time convenient to you.
Please continue to clean and wipe down the equipment before and after use. From the 19th July you can also bring your own towel into the gym.
We will be removing social distance restrictions in our classes which will allow us to increase our class capacity. We will be reviewing our class timetable over the coming weeks, introducing any changes in a phased approach.
The squash courts will no longer be waiting areas for classes, please wait outside the studios for your class.
Should you wish to still workout at home, our OnDemand classes are still available to allow you to workout at time convenient to you.
Pre-booking for some swimming sessions will remain in place. However there will also be some sessions that will not require pre-booking and you are welcome to visit the centre and book in with our reception team.
We will be implementing a phased return of our swimming timetable, introducing mixed sessions back to the pool. Please visit the website for the latest information.
The pool timetable will change from 26th July with the summer holidays starting.
When you attend your lessons after 19th July the following will apply;
- Where possible we suggest all swimmers continue to arrive beach ready in order to reduce the number of people in our changing rooms.
- Class sizes or space allocated in the pool will return to our pre-Covid levels, in line with the guidelines from our National Governing body.
- Instructors will resume a water based teaching style where required.
- We will continue our increased disinfection of our swim school equipment.
- Most of the lessons will return to shared use with other user groups such as public swimming, Lane swimming etc.
- Free swimming for all swim school members will resume please note some sites may continue to run booking systems, please familiarise yourselves with the processes.
- One way systems within the centres may alter and are subject to change. Please familiarise yourselves with the new processes.
- From the 26th July, all children and parents will now enter via the main reception doors and will not be required to wait outside.
Parents will be available to view courses in the sports hall. The exit point is via the 3G pitch.
Currently the climbing wall will remain closed.
We are making these changes to continue to keep everyone safe and we will be reviewing these on a regular basis. Please continue to support us by observing any measures in place.
Note if you are showing any of the symptoms of COVID-19 such as a cough, headache or mild fever, for your safety and for the safety of you friends and their families, please stay at home.
Thank you again for your support over what has been a very difficult time for everyone.
- Technogym Fitness Suite
- Free Weights Area
- Climbing Wall
- Swimming & Learner Pool
- Holiday playscheme
- Badminton, squash & cricket
- Children's Activities
- 3G 5-a-side Football Pitches
- Monthly Off Peak Membership
- Annual Off Peak Membership
- Monthly Peak Membership
- Annual Peak Membership
- Monthly Gym & Swimming Membership
- Annual Gym & Swimming Membership
- Monthly Swim Membership
- Annual Swim Membership
- Monthly Workout & Swimming Membership
- Annual Workout & Swimming Membership
- Body Composition Scans
- Personal Training
- Lifestyles Programme
- Exercise Referral
- Technogym Mywellness
Steppingley Road, Flitwick, Beds, MK45 1TH
01525 493 131
|Mon - Fri||06.00-22.30|
Flitwick is well connected in transport terms with the A507 to the north providing access to the M1 motorway and the rest of the strategic road network, whilst the town benefits from a direct rail link to London via the Midland Mainline. First Capital Connect operates services every 14 to 16 minutes to Bedford and the capital.