Using the centre
Flitwick Leisure Centre
In line with current government guidance and to ensure Lifestyles@Flitwick remains Covid 19 secure you will notice some changes to how we operate, what is available and how you use and navigate the centre.
For Your Health and Wellbeing
Stay at home and self-isolate even if you only have minor symptoms such as; a cough, headache, mild fever or loss of taste and or smell.
Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub to kill any viruses that may be on your hands.
Please make sure you have washed and / or sanitised your hands before entering your activity session. We have extra sanitiser stations around the centre but we also recommend that you bring your own.
Maintain a distance of at least 2 metres from other people in case they or you cough or sneeze spreading the virus through droplets.
Please follow the Swim England guidance on pre swim arrival, duration of swim and post swim arrangements. https://www.swimming.org/swimengland/pool-return-guidance-documents.
Whilst in the building and the pool, follow guidance on social distancing, direction of travel and other risk control measures that are put in place.
Spend as little time as possible in the wetside changing rooms, whilst following the operator’s guidance on maintaining safe levels of distance.
Car Park, building entry and restrictions in place
- The pavement that runs to the side of the car park in front of the building and the bottom of the car park will form the main access point to the building.
Main reception, One Way System & Circulation Areas
- Queues are in place and are marked towards reception, fast track entry and costa.
- Maximum numbers of people allowed in the building at any one time, even when queuing has been based on the activity area’s that are open and numbers defined.
- Expect to see clear partitions in place to shield our receptionists and we encourage all transactions to be contactless.
- A one-way system is operating throughout the centre, please follow the arrows on the floor.
- Leaving the centre will be via marked fire exits in relevant activity areas.
- Some doors around the building will be marked as entry, exit or out of use.
Toilets changing rooms and shower provision
Dryside and gym change including showers are open.
Wetside change is in use.
Reception toilets are in use.
Activities currently not running
- Climbing wall
- If possible please come gym ready and only bring with you essential items, as changing rooms are closed.
Please wipe down the machines / equipment before and after each use and replace any equipment back into its designated area.
No personal towels are to be brought in, only use blue roll and paper towels to wipe the machines / equipment down.
Please be considerate to your fellow users over the time spent on a piece of equipment.
Please bring your own mat if you wish to do any floor work
- The class numbers have been reduced to allow social spacing and customer welfare.
- Please view the online timetable for booking of classes as this will always be up to date
- Please check start times as these may change and do not enter the centre until 5 minutes before your class.
- Please bring your own mat where possible.
- Booking terms and conditions apply and are subject to change.
- The class programme will be reviewed regularly.
- No personal towels are to be brought in, only use blue roll and paper towels
Poolside and Swimming Pools Booking and timetable
- Check the website/social media channels or contact the facility directly for timetable, user guidance and booking instructions.
Wet side changing rooms
- Large cubicles only to be used by members of the same household.
- Changing places and toilets are open.
To reduce time spent in changing areas
Arrive ready to swim. Once you have finished your swim, leave as soon as you can.
Shower at home, (pre swim showers will be available but by arriving wearing your swimwear under your clothing and showering at home pre and post swimming will help minimise time spent in the changing rooms and help maintain the water quality).
In the pool
Respect people of different standards and abilities; respect their right to enjoy their swim.
Do not make physical contact with other participants.
Speed and overtaking - Choose your lane using the fast, medium and slow signs and by watching those already swimming. Please do not overtake whilst swimming. Before pushing off at each turn, check to see if anyone faster is approaching.
Direction - Please follow the directional signs and move across to the appropriate side of the lane for each length.
Space - Always attempt to maintain appropriate social distance between yourself and another swimmer.
Strokes - If you change to a slower stroke as part of your session, think about moving lanes.
Take any equipment/aids with you (floats, kick boards etc.) ensuring it is clean and identifiable as yours before you arrive and follow the lifeguard’s guidance on use of any equipment.
- Resting - Whether stopping for a rest or catching your breath after completing your swim, please be mindful that others using the lane will want to keep on swimming without stopping; so keep yourself to the edge of the lane allowing others to turn at the wall, turning head away and allowing others to maintain social distancing measures.
Stay hydrated by bringing your own ‘pre-filled’ water bottle on to poolside during your swim.
- We are following the ‘Swim England Guidance for Operators’.
- Our teachers will be delivering from the poolside and where possible will remain in the same teaching station for the duration of their shift and aim to use the same equipment throughout to reduce the likelihood of cross contamination.
- Our Teachers will adhere to government guidance on social distancing. The number of personnel on poolside to maintain social distancing has been evaluated.
- One parent/carer per child will be allowed to drop their child / children to swimming lessons.
Consideration for the overall pool layout and where practical, each swimming teacher will deliver from alternate sides of the pool has been factored so as to avoid the overlap of patrolling on poolside whilst delivering.
Delivery of all stages may be in alternative depths to the usual delivery areas.
Teachers will do confidence and safety introductions to changing depths in lesson stations.
Equipment that cannot be sanitised in the pool will be appropriately cleaned between activities. This will include surfaces in high traffic areas such as handrails and towel hooks.
Any customer observed not following the above Covid secure measures will be asked to leave the centre immediately by staff.
We look forward to seeing you all soon.
- Technogym Fitness Suite
- Free Weights Area
- Climbing Wall
- Swimming & Learner Pool
- Holiday playscheme
- Badminton, squash & cricket
- Children's Activities
- 3G 5-a-side Football Pitches
- Monthly Off Peak Membership
- Annual Off Peak Membership
- Monthly Peak Membership
- Annual Peak Membership
- Monthly Gym & Swimming Membership
- Annual Gym & Swimming Membership
- Monthly Swim Membership
- Annual Swim Membership
- Monthly Workout & Swimming Membership
- Annual Workout & Swimming Membership
- Body Composition Scans
- Personal Training
- Lifestyles Programme
- Exercise Referral
- Technogym Mywellness
Steppingley Road, Flitwick, Beds, MK45 1TH
01525 493 131
|Mon - Fri||06.00-22.30|
Flitwick is well connected in transport terms with the A507 to the north providing access to the M1 motorway and the rest of the strategic road network, whilst the town benefits from a direct rail link to London via the Midland Mainline. First Capital Connect operates services every 14 to 16 minutes to Bedford and the capital.