Using the Centre
Houghton Regis Leisure Centre
In line with current government guidance and to ensure Lifestyles@houghton remains Covid 19 secure you will notice some changes to how we operate, what is available and how you use and navigate the centre.
For Your Health and Wellbeing
Stay at home and self-isolate even if you test postie for Covid-19.
Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub to kill any viruses that may be on your hands.
Please make sure you have washed and / or sanitised your hands before entering your activity session. We have extra sanitiser stations around the centre but we also recommend that you bring your own.
Be aware of other people and the space around you and them, be respectful of other wishes for social distancing.
Please follow the Swim England guidance on pre swim arrival, duration of swim and post swim arrangements. https://www.swimming.org/swimengland/pool-return-guidance-documents.
Whilst in the building and the pool, follow guidance on social distancing, direction of travel and other risk control measures that are put in place.
We advise masks to be worn throughout the facility (not while performing physical exercise) but we appreciate, at this time, it is personal choice.
- We can supply lateral flow test at reception, please ask and we will get you some.
In order to make safe and feel safe, we have put in the following guidance:
- Children must come swim ready.
- When dropping off your child/children you will need to wait at spot markers in the foyer area. A member of staff will open the door onto poolside so the child can go through to their lesson.
- The Parent/Guardian will need to make their way to the Aqua Ed waiting area in Squash court 1 where seats are provided.
- When picking up you will need to go to the Changing village, meet your child/children and can either get them changed or wrap them up to make a quicker exit.
We have found that this will half the amount of people in the changing rooms at one time and also help towards cleaning times within this area.
All activities are running within the facility. We ask that you follow the above guidance so that you and other can feel safe, and be safe, while using Houghton Regis Leisure Centre.
*Terms and conditions apply, Membership offer valid 25/12/21 - 14/02/2022. No joining fee and your first direct debit payment will be half price