Using the Centre
Knights Templar Sports Centre
We are planning to re-open but in order to maintain new regulations and keep everyone safe there will be some changes to how we operate, what is available and how you use the centre.
For Your Health and Wellbeing
- Stay at home and self-isolate even if you only have minor symptoms such as; a cough; headache, mild fever, Exercise cannot ‘sweat it out’
- Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub to kill any viruses that may be on your hands.
- Please make sure you have washed and / or sanitised your hands before entering your activity session. We have extra sanitiser stations around the centre but we also recommend that you bring your own.
- Maintain a distance of at least 2 metres from other persons in case they or you cough or sneeze spreading the virus through droplets.
One Way System & Circulation Areas
- A new one-way system is operating throughout the centre, please follow the arrows on the floor.
- Please come ready to work out if you are able to as changing rooms/showers will be out of use
- Lockers will be out of use
- Toilet availability will be limited and due to the layout of our centre we ask that you co-operate with others on maintaining social distance. Please always wash your hands thoroughly.
- Please be aware due to operations staff maybe required to move along corridors in both directions
Using The Gym
- Numbers will be controlled and you will not be able to just ‘swipe in’. If you haven’t booked online for your gym session you will have to register with reception to arrange your attendance.
- In order to maintain fair usage sessions are 1 hour for your activity.
- The gym has been spaced out so that each station is at least 2 metres apart. To accommodate this, the gym has been re-arranged to maintain as much equipment as possible
- Some gym equipment is spaced out
- Please wipe down the machine / equipment before and after each use and replace any equipment back into its storage area. Only use paper towel to wipe the machines down.
- Spotting and sharing of machines with those not from your household is not allowed so please be considerate to your fellow user over the time spent on a piece of equipment
- Please bring your own mat if you wish to do any floor work
- The class programme will be affected and some classes may be cancelled upon re-opening
- Please view the online booking of classes as the most accurate timetable of classes
- Please check start times as these may change and do not enter the centre until 5 minutes before your class
- Please book online for your class, we are restricted in numbers and booking upon arrival may result in you not being able to take part.
- Please bring your own mat as these will not be available (and hand weights if possible)
- To maximise space, some classes may be in a different area.
- Classes have reduced in time to allow for cleaning and changeover, please make sure you clean your own equipment before and after each class.
- Booking terms have changed for our re-opening.
- The class programme will be reviewed weekly.
- Upon re-opening only badminton will be available
- Will not be hiring any equipment therefore you must bring your own equipment
- If your activity is in the Sports Hall, you may experience noise (music and instruction) from exercise classes that have moved in to the hall.
- Booking terms have changed for our re-opening and you can only book a maximum of 7 days in advance.
- Other sporting activities will be reviewed on a weekly basis.
Any customer observed not following the above code of conduct will be asked to leave the centre immediately by staff.
Note if you are showing any of the symptoms of COVID-19 such as cough, headache or mild fever, for your safety and for the safety of you friends and their families, please stay at home.
We look forward to seeing you all soon.
- Technogym fitness suite
- 4 Court Sports Hall
- Workout Class Studio
- 3G Pitch
- 3 Tennis Courts
- Technogym SKILLROW
- Technogym SKILLMILL
- Technogym SKILLBIKE
- Technogym OMNIA
- Technogym EXCITE Range
- Body Composition Scans
- Personal Training
- Lifestyles Programme
- Exercise Referral
- Technogym mywellness
Weston Way, Baldock, Herts, SG7 6EY
|Mon - Thurs||6.00am - 10.00pm|
|Fri||6.00am - 9.00pm|
|Sat - Sun||8.00am - 6.00pm|
Knights Templar Sports Centre is a 10 minute walk from Baldock Train Station. The bus route can be found here. Car parking is available next to the centre.