Using the Centre
Pendleton Sports Centre
We are planning to re-open but in order to maintain new regulations and keep everyone safe there will be some changes to how we operate, what is available and how you use the centre.
For Your Health and Wellbeing
- Stay at home and self-isolate even if you only have minor symptoms such as; a cough; headache, mild fever, Exercise cannot ‘sweat it out’
- Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub to kill any viruses that may be on your hands.
- Please make sure you have washed and / or sanitised your hands before entering your activity session. We have extra sanitiser stations around the centre but we also recommend that you bring your own.
- Maintain a distance of at least 2 metres from other persons in case they or you cough or sneeze spreading the virus through droplets.
One Way System & Circulation Areas
- A new one-way system is operating throughout the centre, please follow the arrows on the floor.
- Please come ready to work out if you are able to as changing rooms/showers will be out of use
- Lockers will be out of use
- Toilet availability will be limited and due to the layout of our centre we ask that you co-operate with others on maintaining social distance. Please always wash your hands thoroughly.
- Please be aware due to operations staff maybe required to move along corridors in both directions
Using The Gym
- Numbers will be controlled and you will not be able to just ‘swipe in’. If you haven’t booked online for your gym session you will have to register with reception to arrange your attendance.
- In order to maintain fair usage sessions are 45mins for your activity.
- The gym has been spaced out so that each station is at least 2 metres apart. To accommodate this, the gym has been re-arranged to maintain as much equipment as possible
- Some gym equipment is spaced out
- Please wipe down the machine / equipment before and after each use and replace any equipment back into its storage area. Only use paper towel to wipe the machines down.
- Spotting and sharing of machines with those not from your household is not allowed so please be considerate to your fellow user over the time spent on a piece of equipment
- Please bring your own mat if you wish to do any floor work
Inline with the government roadmap, classes will not be available in the centre until at least the 17th May.
In place of the classes members can access on demand classes through our digital members on the SSL Lifestyles app. Further information can be found here
- Upon re-opening only badminton will be available in the sports hall
- We will not be hiring out any equipment therefore you must bring your own equipment
- If your activity is in the Sports Hall, you may experience noise (music and instruction) from exercise classes that have moved in to the hall.
- Booking terms have changed for our re-opening and you can only book a maximum of 7 days in advance.
- Other sporting activities will be reviewed on a weekly basis.
Any customer observed not following the above code of conduct will be asked to leave the centre immediately by staff.
Note if you are showing any of the symptoms of COVID-19 such as a cough, headache or mild fever, for your safety and for the safety of you friends and their families, please stay at home.
We look forward to seeing you all soon.
- Technogym Fitness Suite
- 4 Court Sports Hall
- 3G Pitch
- Exercise Referral
- Personal Training
- Lifestyles Programme
- Technogym mywellness
- Body Composition Scans