Using the Centre
Sandy Sports Centre
In line with current government guidance and to ensure Lifestyles@Sandy remains Covid 19 secure you will notice some changes to how we operate, what is available and how you use and navigate the centre.
For Your Health and Wellbeing
- Stay at home and self-isolate even if you only have minor symptoms such as; a cough, headache, mild fever or loss of taste and or smell.
- Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub to kill any viruses that may be on your hands.
- Please make sure you have washed and / or sanitised your hands before entering your activity session. We have extra sanitiser stations around the centre but we also recommend that you bring your own.
- Maintain a distance of at least 2 metres from other people in case they or you cough or sneeze spreading the virus through droplets.
- Whilst in the building, follow guidance on social distancing, direction of travel and other risk control measures that are put in place.
Car Park, building entry and restrictions in place
- The pavement that runs to the side of the sports hall from the car park to the centres reception will form the main access point to the building.
Main reception, One Way System & Circulation Areas
- One queue will be in place to gain entry to the centre
- Expect to see clear partitions in place to shield our receptionists and we encourage all transactions to be contactless
- A one- way system is operating throughout the centre, please follow the arrows on the floor.
- Leaving the centre will be via marked fire exits in relevant activity areas
- Some doors around the building will be marked as entry, exit or out of use
Toilets changing rooms and shower provision
- Gym change including showers are closed.
- Please come ready to work out as changing rooms will be closed
- Lockers will also be out of use, so please come with as few personal belongings as possible.
- Toilet availability will be limited and due to the layout of our centre we ask that you co-operate with others on maintaining social distancing.
Area’s currently out of use
- Sports hall
- Dance studio
- Drama studio
- Squash courts
- Upon re-opening the sports hall will not be available.
- Astroturf will be open, but clubs and bookings will need to have up to date information and risk assessments in place for Covid-19.
- Booking terms and conditions apply and are subject to change.
- All sporting activities will be reviewed on a weekly basis.
- To maximise space, some activities will be in different areas (see timetable for details).
Activities currently not running
- Holiday Activities
- Cardiac Rehab
- Group Exercise
- Table tennis
- The gym has had a refurbishment during the period of closure, with all new strength and cardiovascular equipment added.
- Numbers will be controlled and you will not be able to just ‘swipe in’. If you haven’t booked online for your gym session you will have to register with reception and they will book you in if there is space to do so.
- In order to maintain fair usage sessions are bookable on the hour, every hour
- We have re-arranged the gym to facilitate social spacing however, some high risk contact/ equipment has been removed.
- Please wipe down the machines / equipment before and after each use and replace any equipment back into its designated area.
- No personal towels are to be brought in, only use blue roll and paper towels to wipe the machines / equipment down.
- Spotting and sharing of machines with members of your household or social bubble only.
- Please be considerate to your fellow users over the time spent on a piece of equipment.
- There is not a one way system in place to allow more fluidity around the gyms therefore we ask you keep a safe distance from other gym users.
- Please bring your own mat if you wish to do any floor work
Inline with the government roadmap, classes will not be available until at least the 17th May.
In place of the classes members can access on demand and a range of live streaming classes through our digital membership on the SLL lifestyles app.
Any customer observed not following the above Covid secure measures will be asked to leave the centre immediately by staff.
We look forward to seeing you all soon.
Working in partnership with Central Bedfordshire Council.