Using the centre
Saxon Pool & Leisure Centre
In line with current government guidance and to ensure Lifestyles@Saxon leisure centre remains Covid 19 secure you will notice some changes to how we operate, what is available and how you use and navigate the centre.
For Your Health and Wellbeing
Stay at home and self-isolate even if you only have minor symptoms such as; a cough, headache, mild fever or loss of taste and or smell.
Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub to kill any viruses that may be on your hands.
Please make sure you have washed and / or sanitised your hands before entering your activity session. We have extra sanitiser stations around the centre but we also recommend that you bring your own.
Maintain a distance of at least 2 metres from other people in case they or you cough or sneeze spreading the virus through droplets.
Please follow the Swim England guidance on pre swim arrival, duration of swim and post swim arrangements. https://www.swimming.org/swimengland/pool-return-guidance-documents.
Whilst in the building and the pool, follow guidance on social distancing, direction of travel and other risk control measures that are put in place.
Spend as little time as possible in the wetside changing rooms, whilst following the operator’s guidance on maintaining safe levels of distance.
Car Park, building entry and restrictions in place
- The pavement that runs alongside the building, down towards the Co-op end of the car park past the gym, will be where the entrance queue will be located and marked out with 2m distance markings.
- An information desk will be in place outside the main entrance as reception has restricted access only for booking in and fast track.
Main reception, One Way System & Circulation Areas
- There will be one entry queue for reception
- Maximum numbers of people allowed in the building at any one time, even when queuing has been based on the activity area’s that are open and numbers defined.
- Expect to see clear partitions in place to shield our receptionists and we encourage all transactions to be contactless
- A one- way system is operating throughout the centre, please follow the arrows on the floor.
- Leaving the centre will be via marked fire exits in relevant activity areas; do not expect to leave the building from the same place that you entered it.
- Some doors around the building will be marked as entry, exit or out of use
Toilets changing rooms and shower provision
Gym changing rooms including showers and toilets are closed. (the disabled toilet will remain open for those that may need the toilet)
Wet side change is in use.
Reception toilets are in use, but we ask people to keep their distance
Please come ready to work out as their will be no changing area available.
Lockers will not be in use so please plan not to be able to use them
Toilets availability will be limited and due to the layout of our centre we ask that you co-operate with others on maintaining social distancing.
Area’s currently out of use
- Upon re-opening badminton and table tennis will be available.
- Where possible bring your own equipment.
- Booking terms and conditions apply and are subject to change.
- Other sporting activities will be reviewed on a weekly basis.
- To maximise space, some activities will be in different areas (see timetable for details).
Activities currently not running
- Numbers will be controlled and you will not be able to just ‘swipe in’. If you haven’t booked online for your gym session you will have to register with reception and they will book you in if there is space to do so.
- In order to maintain fair usage sessions are bookable on the hour, every hour
- We have re-arranged the gym to facilitate social spacing however, some high risk contact/ equipment has been removed.
Please wipe down the machines / equipment before and after each use and replace any equipment back into its designated are
No personal towels are to be brought in, only use blue roll and paper towels to wipe the machines / equipment down.
Spotting and sharing of machines with members of your household or social bubble only
Please be considerate to your fellow users over the time spent on a piece of equipment.
There is an arrowed system in place to guide you around the gym, but please also keep a safe distance from other gym users.
Please bring your own mat if you wish to do any floor work
The class numbers have been reduced to allow social spacing and customer welfare.
Please view the online timetable for booking of classes as this will always be up to date
Please check start times as these may change and do not enter the centre until 5 minutes before your class.
Some classes may be streamed online.
Please bring your own mat where possible.
To maximise space, most classes will be in a different studio’s (see timetable for details).
Booking terms and conditions apply and are subject to change.
The class programme will be reviewed regularly.
No personal towels are to be brought in, only use blue roll and paper towels
Queuing areas have been marked outside the studios.
Poolside and Swimming Pools Booking and timetable
- Check the website/social media channels or contact the facility directly for timetable, user guidance and booking instructions.
- All lane swimming sessions are now bookable online Wet side changing rooms
- A one way system is in place and will follow through to poolside.
- Large cubicles only to be used by members of the same household.
- Changing places and toilets are open.
- Group changes are closed.
- Pre swim showers and the 8 showers at the back of the changing village are available.
To reduce time spent in changing areas
- Arrive ready to swim. Once you have finished your swim, leave as soon as you can.
- Shower at home, (showers will be available but by arriving wearing your swimwear under your clothing and showering at home pre and post swimming will help minimise time spent in the changing rooms and help maintain the water quality).
In the pool
- Follow the one way directions for entry and exit to the pool.
- Entry will be at the shallow end and exit deep end. We ask swimmers where possible to climb out over the side exit rather than using the steps where possible. This will reduce the amount of contact to equipment.
- Respect people of different standards and abilities; respect their right to enjoy their swim
- Do not make physical contact with other participants.
- Speed and overtaking - Choose your lane using the fast, medium and slow signs and by watching those already swimming. Please do not overtake whilst swimming. Before pushing off at each turn, check to see if anyone faster is approaching.
- Direction - Please follow the directional signs and move across to the appropriate side of the lane for each length.
Space - Always attempt to maintain appropriate social distance between yourself and another swimmer.
Strokes - If you change to a slower stroke as part of your session, think about moving lanes.
Take any equipment/aids with you (floats, kick boards etc.) ensuring it is clean and identifiable as yours before you arrive and follow the lifeguard’s guidance on use of any equipment.
Resting - Whether stopping for a rest or catching your breath after completing your swim, please be mindful that others using the lane will want to keep on swimming without stopping; so keep yourself to the edge of the lane allowing others to turn at the wall, turning head away and allowing others to maintain social distancing measures.
Stay hydrated by bringing your own ‘pre-filled’ water bottle on to poolside during your swim.
We are following the ‘Swim England Guidance for Operators’.
Children must come swim ready and will be dropped off in the usual designated area for their teacher to collect them, you as the parent can then make your way through the changing village into the poolside viewing area (this has chairs laid out carefully to keep safe distancing, please DO NOT move from your chair while in the viewing gallery) at the end of the session please meet your child and get them changed and make your way out of the building following the one way system through poolside and through the fire exit to the café area.
Our teachers will be delivering from the poolside and where possible will remain in the same teaching station for the duration of their shift and aim to use the same equipment throughout to reduce the likelihood of cross contamination.
Our Teachers will adhere to government guidance on social distancing. The number of personnel on poolside to maintain social distancing has been evaluated.
One parent/carer per child will be allowed to drop their child / children to swimming lessons.
Consideration has been given to the overall pool layout. Each swimming teacher will deliver from set teaching points on poolside in order to enable social distancing between teachers to take place safely.
Delivery of all stages may be in alternative depths to the usual delivery areas.
Teachers will do confidence and safety introductions to changing depths in lesson stations.
- Equipment that cannot be sanitised in the pool will be appropriately cleaned between activities. This will include surfaces in high traffic areas such as handrails and towel hooks.
Any customer observed not following the above Covid secure measures will be asked to leave the centre immediately by staff.
We look forward to seeing you all soon.
- Technogym fitness suite
- Free weights area
- Swimming pool
- Sports hall
- Monthly Off Peak Membership
- Annual Off Peak Membership
- Monthly Gym & Swim Membership
- Annual Gym & Swim Membership
- Monthly Swim Membership
- Annual Swim Membership
- Monthly Workout & Swim Membership
- Annual Workout & Swim Membership
- Monthly Gym, Swim & Workout Membership
- Annual Gym, Swim & Workout Membership
- Body Composition Scans
- Personal Training
- Lifestyles Programme
- Exercise Referral
- Technogym Mywellness
- AquaEd Swim Scheme
Saxon Drive, Biggleswade, Beds SG18 8SU
|Mon - Fri||6.00am -10.00pm|
|Sat||7.30am - 6.00pm|
|Sun||8.00am - 9.00pm|