Using the centre safely
Stevenage Arts & Leisure Centre
For Your Health and Wellbeing
Stay at home and self-isolate even if you only have minor symptoms such as; such as cough; headache; mild fever; Exercise cannot ‘sweat it out’
Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub to kill any viruses that may be on your hands.
Please make sure you have washed and / or sanitised your hands before entering your activity session. We have extra sanitiser stations around the centre but we also recommend that you bring your own.
Maintain a distance of at least 2 metres from other persons (social distancing) in case they or you cough or sneeze spreading the virus through droplets.
We are pleased to say that there is a fresh air supply and extraction system in all areas of the building. We have also adjusted our systems so that air is not re-circulated, all air supplied is 100% fresh air.
Face masks are required to be worn in the centre, unless you are participating in an activity.
One Way System & Circulation Areas
A new 1 way system is operating throughout the centre, please follow the arrows on the floor.
Please come ready to work out if you are able to as changing room space, showers and lockers will be limited.
Lockers will also be unavailable so please plan not to be able to use them.
We recommend bringing your own sanitiser hand gel and / or wipes with you. We will provide cleaning products throughout the centre.
Showers will also be closed upon re-opening and this will be reviewed weekly.
Toilets availability will be limited and due to the layout of our centre we ask that you co-operate with others on maintaining social distance. Please always wash your hands thoroughly.
If you do require lift access then only 1 person in the lift at any 1 time unless you are from the same household.
Using the Gym
The number of people in the gym at one time will be capped. Please pre-book your gym session online or by calling reception on 01438 579 379.
We will be open 6.30am – 10pm throughout the week and 8am – 5pm at weekends.
In order to maintain fair usage we ask that you spend no longer than 1 hour for your activity
- The gym has been spaced out so that each station is at least 2 metres apart. To accommodate this,the gym has been re-arranged to maintain as much equipment as possible.
- Please wipe down the machine with sanitizer or anti-bac sprays that will be available throughout the centre.
- Equipment should be cleaned before and after each use and replace any equipment back into its storage area.
- Do not use your own towel to wipe the machines down, instead use the paper towel provided, there will be increased cleaning stations around the gym
- Spotting and sharing of machines with those not from your household is not allowed so please be considerate to your fellow user over the time spent on a piece of equipment.
- Please follow the 1 way system around the gym.
Please bring your own mat if you wish to do any floor work.
- Some class numbers have been reduced to allow social spacing and customer welfare.
- Please view the online timetable for booking of classes as this will always be up to date.
- Please check start times as these may change and do not enter the centre until 5 minutes before your class.
- Please bring your own exercise mat where possible.
- To maximise space, some classes will be in a different area. Please refer to the timetable for details.
- Booking terms and conditions apply and are subject to change.
- The class programme will be reviewed on a regular basis.
- No personal towels are to be brought in, please only use blue roll and cleaning spray provided.
- Classes have reduced in time to allow for cleaning and changeover, please make sure you clean your own equipment before and after each class.
Bookings for Squash are currently for social play only for two people.
Badminton bookings - social play only for up to four people.
Will not be hiring any equipment therefore you must bring your own equipment
If your activity is in the Main & Bowls Hall's, it is likely that you will experience noise (music and instruction) from exercise classes that have moved in to the hall.
Booking for members is a maximum of 14 days in advance.
Other sporting activities will be reviewed on a weekly basis upon changes from governing bodies.
Any customer observed not following the above code of conduct will be asked to leave the centre immediately by staff.
Note if you are showing any of the symptoms of COVID-19 such as cough, headache or mild fever, for your safety and for the safety of you friends and their families stay at home.
We look forward to seeing you all soon.
- Fully Air Conditioned
- Fitness suite over 4 rooms & 2 floors
- Astroturf Sprint Track and Sled
- Free Weights Area
- 2 Functional areas
- Pure Strength room
- 2 x 8 court sports halls
- 3 x squash courts
- 3 x studios
- 90+ weekly classes
- 125 Station Gym
- TechnoGym EXCITE range
- 2 x Wattbikes
- 8 x Cable Stations
- Up to 50kg dumbbells
- Anti-Gravity Treadmill
- FES bike
- Sled and Track
- Body Composition Scans
- Personal Training
- Lifestyles programme
- Exercise Referral
- Technogym Mywellness
Stevenage Arts & Leisure Centre, Lytton Way, Stevenage, SG1 1LZ
01438 579 379
|Mon - Fri||6.30am - 10.00pm|
|Sat - Sun||8.00am - 5.00pm|