Using the centre safely
Stevenage Arts & Leisure Centre
For Your Health and Wellbeing
Stay at home and self-isolate even if you only have minor symptoms such as; such as cough; headache; mild fever; Exercise cannot ‘sweat it out’
Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub to kill any viruses that may be on your hands.
Please make sure you have washed and / or sanitised your hands before entering your activity session. We have extra sanitiser stations around the centre but we also recommend that you bring your own.
Maintain a distance of at least 2 metres from other persons (social distancing) in case they or you cough or sneeze spreading the virus through droplets.
We are pleased to say that there is a fresh air supply and extraction system in all areas of the building. We have also adjusted our systems so that air is not re-circulated, all air supplied is 100% fresh air.
Face masks are required to be worn in the centre, unless you are participating in an activity.
Using the Gym
- Please wipe down the machine with sanitizer or anti-bac sprays that will be available throughout the centre.
- Equipment should be cleaned before and after each use and replace any equipment back into its storage area.
- Do not use your own towel to wipe the machines down, instead use the paper towel provided, there will be increased cleaning stations around the gym
- Please check start times as these may change and do not enter the centre until 5 minutes before your class.
- Please bring your own exercise mat where possible.
- No personal towels are to be brought in, please only use blue roll and cleaning spray provided.
- Some classes have reduced in time to allow for cleaning and changeover, please make sure you clean your own equipment before and after each class.
Bookings for Squash for social play only for two people.
Badminton bookings - social play only for up to four people.
Will not be hiring any equipment therefore you must bring your own equipment
Booking for members is a maximum of 14 days in advance.
Any customer observed not following the above code of conduct will be asked to leave the centre immediately by staff.
Note if you are showing any of the symptoms of COVID-19 such as cough, headache or mild fever, for your safety and for the safety of you friends and their families stay at home.
We look forward to seeing you all soon.
- Fully Air Conditioned
- Fitness suite over 4 rooms & 2 floors
- Astroturf Sprint Track and Sled
- Free Weights Area
- 2 Functional areas
- Pure Strength room
- 2 x 8 court sports halls
- 3 x squash courts
- 3 x studios
- 90+ weekly classes
- 125 Station Gym
- TechnoGym EXCITE range
- 2 x Wattbikes
- 8 x Cable Stations
- Up to 50kg dumbbells
- Anti-Gravity Treadmill
- FES bike
- Sled and Track
- Body Composition Scans
- Personal Training
- Lifestyles programme
- Exercise Referral
- Technogym Mywellness
Stevenage Arts & Leisure Centre, Lytton Way, Stevenage, SG1 1LZ
01438 579 379
|Mon - Fri||6.30am - 10.00pm|
|Sat - Sun||8.00am - 5.00pm|