On Wednesday 7 September, SLL are celebrating National Fitness Day by offering free activities across our leisure centres, and we want everyone to get involved.
National Fitness Day is the biggest annual celebration of physical activity taking place across the nation. We are taking part in this celebration by welcoming people of all ages to come and try a range of fitness classes, the gym and the pool area at a wide selection of our leisure centres. The below list highlights all of the activities available across all of our centres:
- 30 minute fitness testing between 9am – 8pm at Archers Health & Fitness, Hitchin. Must pre-book.
- Small group 30 minute PT taster session between 9am – 8pm at Archers Health & Fitness, Hitchin. Must pre-book.
- 30 minutes of anything for free at Catmose Sports Centre.
- Free seminars and workshops throughout the day on understanding fitness and what it takes to become fit at Catmose Sports Centre.
- Fitness for kids aged two - six classes at Catmost Sports Centre.
- Free classes at Flitwick Leisure Centre. Busy classes will need to be pre-booked.
- Free use of the gym from 6:30am – 9:30pm and free swim from 6:30am - 8pm at Flitwick Leisure Centre.
- Free Aqua Blast class from 11am – 12pm and free Indoor Cycling classes 11:15am – 12pm, 6:15pm – 7pm and 7:05pm – 7:50pm at Houghton Regis Leisure Centre.
- Free BodiTrax test to find out your physical age and your body composition at Lifestyles Stevenage. Usually £20. Appointments necessary.
- Free Junior Pump Sessions (11 - 15 years) at North Herts Leisure Centre at 4:30pm.
- Free gym usage at North Herts Leisure Centre. Open 6:30am – 10pm.
- Free swimming during open hours and public swimming sessions at Royston Sports Centre.
- Free PT taster session at Royston Sports Centre.
- All classes are free to attend subject to spaces at Sandy Sports Centre.
- Take on one of the Fitness Team with a Beat the Trainer gym challenge at Sandy Sports Centre.
- Free swimming from 11:30am – 3pm at Saxon Pool and Leisure Centre.
- Free badminton court bookings that can be booked on the hour between 10am -3pm with rackets provided at Saxon Pool and Leisure Centre.
- Free class bookings at X-biking at 7:15pm - 8pm and Body Sculpt at 8:10pm - 9:10pm at Saxton Pool and Leisure Centre.
- All classes will be free to attend subject to spaces available at Silsoe Community Sports Centre.
This is a great opportunity to try something new so come along to one of our centres and get involved!Back to News