With the government announcing their roadmap out of lockdown we are looking forward to a phased reopening of our facilities.
Some of our centres are now open. There will be a range of activities available to book in advance up to 14 days in advance for members, including a gym session or lane swim. In addition our children's swimming lessons have recommenced.
However due to government restrictions there will be some activities that will be temporarily unavailable.
Please visit your centres web page for the latest information and opening hours.
We would ask you to help us, by keeping to these measures to ensure that we can keep everyone safe and you can enjoy your chosen activity. We are all in this together.
- We have a continuous cleaning regime across the centre, through the day.
- A one way path and queueing systems will be in place around the centre.
- Activities including the gym and swimming sessions should be booked in advance and paid for via contactless or cashless payments.
- In the gym equipment may be removed or temporarily unavailable to allow everyone to work-out safely.
- We are reopening our swimming facilities in line with Swim England guidance.
- Lane swimming will be available and customers should come to the pool ‘beach ready’ and shower at home prior to their swim.
- Swimming pool changing facilities will operate a one-way system to minimise contact with other swimmers and a number of cubicles and lockers may be unavailable to allow for social distancing and cleaning to take place.
- Double lanes will be available to provide more space between swimmers with fast, medium and slow lanes with a maximum of 10 swimmers per lane.
- Swimming pool timetable will be regularly reviewed with session times and gaps to allow for cleaning.
Some facilities will be limited or unavailable initially.
- Please ensure you adhere to social distancing throughout your visit and are considerate to other users.
We appreciate you might have some questions, our Frequently Asked Questions should provide you with further information.
For centre specific information please visit their homepage and read the code of best practice guide.
We will be reinstating direct debit payments from reopening with future payments adjusted for any days owed due to our closure. If you pay for your membership annually, we will be extending your membership for the period of time we were closed.
We will be contacting members directly via email with further details of your individual membership status.
What to expect when you attend your swimming lesson;
- Only one adult should accompany a child to the swimming lesson to limit the number of spectators in the centre
- Swimmers should come to the pool ‘beach ready ‘with swim wear worn under clothing.
- Teachers will not be able to help with hats and goggles please ensure your child has these items on ready to commence the lesson.
- Follow the centres one-way system. There will be directional arrows on the floor to guide you around the centre.
- There may be restricted/no access to the changing rooms prior to the lesson.
- Swimmers are encouraged to shower at home prior to and after their lesson to minimise the amount of time spent in the changing rooms.
- Swimmers should bring their own equipment to the lesson where possible (please ensure it is clearly named)
- All Swimming Teachers will deliver their lessons from the poolside. Additional buoyancy aids will be used to ensure your child’s safety
- There will be no public swimming when the AquaEd lessons are in progress
Please be aware there may be specific differences at your site, please follow staff instructions, we are here to help.
We have been working hard to ensure the safety of all our customers and team. Please review our Covid-19 reopening risk assessment. The risk assessments are constantly being updated and reviewed to ensure best practice.
To ensure we are keeping all our customers safe we will be supporting the NHS Track and Trace system. Find out what this means for you here