Frequently Asked Questions for Reopening
We appreciate you might have some questions for when we reopen, take a look below at some of the frequently asked questions.
- What can I expect when I arrive at the centre for my activity?
You will find that we have put a range of measures in place throughout the centre to keep the customers and staff safe. This will include staying 2 meters apart from others while walking around the centre and in your activity, one way systems and possible queues for entrance into the centre and classes. Please make sure you are wiping down equipment before and after use and washing your hands regularly.
- How to book into your activity?
We would encourage you to pre-book your activity online. When you arrive at the centre, please use the kiosks or book in with our reception team. We would encourage contactless or card payments where possible. Unfortunately you be unable to hire equipment. Once your activity has finished we would ask you to leave the facility via the one way system as soon as possible.
- How will you keep the centre clean?
Our team are dedicated to keeping all areas of the centre clean to keep you safe. We have implemented a continuous cleaning regime across the centre, throughout the day. We will be paying particular attention to the key touch points.
- What has changed in the gym?
You will need to book in to use the gym and at busy times we may need to limit the numbers. We will be spacing out equipment where possible to adhere to social distancing. In circumstances where we are unable to do this some equipment may be temporarily unavailable. Please make sure you wipe down the equipment before and after use.
- How do I book a Personal Training session? Personal Training sessions must be booked in advance. Preferred time slots shall be given where possible but flexibility on both parts is needed. The Personal Training session day/time must be agreed with the Personal Trainer and then the customer must book and pay for the session in full at reception. Bookings must be made with the Personal Trainer. Payment must be made in advance at reception. PT sessions will generally be 1 hour long (unless agreed otherwise with your personal trainer). Punctuality is essential but obviously sometimes lateness cannot be helped – but either party must make contact. Clients must report to reception on arrival.
- Can I cancel my Personal Training session? If more than 24 hours’ notice is given, the session will be re-arranged for a time / day that is convenient for both the instructor and customer (or refunded if a re-arranged appointment cannot be made). If less than 24 hours’ notice is given of cancellation, no refunds or re-arranged appointments may only be given in exceptional circumstances.
- Can I get a refund if I do not want to continue with my PT sessions?
All sessions booked in block or individually are non-refundable, unless exceptional circumstances and has been agreed by the centre manager.
If the centre is to close for a period of time, the sessions will be credited to your account and you will be able to redeem these when the centre is back open.
- Will I still be able to attend a fitness / group exercise class?
We will be running a selection of classes throughout the week, please check our live timetable for the latest information. You may find gaps in the timetable to allow safe entry and exit of customers. We will be limiting the number of spaces in the class to ensure we can adhere to social distancing. Equipment and mats may not be available.
- What measures have you put in place for the swimming pool?
You will need to book in to use the swimming pool and at busy times we may need to limit the numbers. Initially we will be running a reduced timetable with lane swimming and swimming lessons, please check our live timetable for the latest information. We would ask that if possible you come changed with your costume under clothing and shower at home before coming for a swim at the centre. You may find times when the pool or changing rooms are unavailable for cleaning. Please ensure you are considerate to other pool users during your swim.
- What changes have been put in place to ensure my child can enjoy their swimming lesson safely.
We have changed the way we will be running our swimming lessons. We would ask that your child arrives dressed for their lesson with their costume under clothing. Please observe the one way system for the swimming pool and drop and collect your child at the designated collection points. We would ask that only one parent or career attend with each child.
- Will changing rooms and toilets be available?
Not all changing facilities or toilets will be available, so if possible please come dressed for your activity. Swimming changing rooms will be open, but please observe social distancing measures.
- What facilities will or won’t be available?
When we first reopen we will be opening the gym, classes and swimming and limited indoor and outdoor sports. Other areas of the centres will be closed or unavailable currently. For a full list of what activities you can take part in at your centre please visit their webpage.
- What will happen to my direct debit membership now you are reopening?
Now that we have a confirmed reopen date we will be contacting members via email to confirm a restart date for their direct debit membership. Payments will be adjusted to reflect the closure.
- What will happen to my annual membership now you are reopening?
Now that we have a confirmed reopen date we will be contacting members via email to confirm that their membership has been reactivated. The membership will extended for the number of days we were closed.
If your membership expired whilst we were closed then don’t worry, we will be extending your membership by the number of days you had remaining. Plus, a member of our team will be in touch with you in the next few weeks to discuss your annual membership.
- My child attend swimming lessons before you closed, what happens now?
If you pay for your swimming lessons by direct debit we will be contacting members via email to confirm a restart date for their direct debit membership. Payments will be adjusted to reflect the closure. Our swimming lessons will be operating from 27th July.
- My child attends a SportEd programme, what happens now?
We will be in contact regarding your payments and when your course will recommence. Please check with the centre for further details of your Sport Ed Course.
We will be supporting the NHS Track and Trace system, do I have to share my details with the NHS Track and Trace?
If you do not want to share your details with NHS Test and Trace when they are identifying people who may be exposed to the COVID-19 virus, you do not have to. To ensure your details are not shared please contact our Data Protection Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, mobile and landline telephone number or write to Data Protection Officer, Stevenage Arts & Leisure Centre, Lytton Way, Stevenage, Herts, SG1 1LZ