Following the government’s announcement of the final stage of the roadmap out of lockdown, we are pleased that we are all able to take the next step back to normality. Therefore when you visit the centres after the 19th July there will be further changes.
The government has advised that a number of restrictions will be lifted. We have reviewed the guidance and have made the decision that we will be implementing a phased approach within our centres. Everyone’s safety remains our top priority so we would ask you to continue to support us by observing any measures that remain in place.
From Monday 19th July, the following will apply;
Around the centre
Some measures remain in place such as;
- sanitising stations,
- screens in busy areas
- enhanced cleaning regimes
Where possible we will be removing the one way and queuing systems. You may find that in some situations they will be altered or possibly remain in place.
Changing rooms that may have been closed will now be open for use.
Face coverings will be an individual’s choice.
If you are showing any symptoms of Covid-19 please do not come to the centre. Please review our Health Commitment Statement before your first visit.
We will be removing the social distance restrictions within the gym. This will mean we can return equipment to the main gym floor and more equipment will be available to use.
You will also not be required to pre-book your gym session, meaning you can visit at a time convenient to you.
From the 19th July you can also bring your own towel, but we would suggest you continue to clean the equipment before and after your workout.
Pre-booking for some swimming sessions will remain in place. However there will also be some sessions that will not require pre-booking and you are welcome to visit the centre and book in with our reception team.
We will be implementing a phased return of our swimming timetable, so please visit the website for the latest information.
When you attend your lessons after 19th July the following will apply;
- Where possible we suggest all swimmers continue to arrive beach ready in order to reduce the number of people in our changing rooms.
- Class sizes or space allocated in the pool will return to our pre-Covid levels, in line with the guidelines from our National Governing body.
- Instructors will resume a water based teaching style where required.
- We will continue our increased disinfection of our swim school equipment.
- Most of the lessons will return to shared use with other user groups such as public swimming, Lane swimming etc.
- Where applicable, free swimming for all swim school members will resume please note some sites may continue to run booking systems, please familiarise yourselves with the processes.
- One way systems within the centres may alter and are subject to change. Please familiarise yourselves with the new processes.
We will be removing social distance restrictions in our classes which will allow us to increase our class capacity. We will be reviewing our class timetable over the coming weeks, introducing any changes in a phased approach.
Should you wish to still workout at home, our OnDemand classes are still available to allow you to workout at time convenient to you.
Please visit the centre websites for further information on the above and other activities.
Stevenage Swimming Centre
We have been working hard to ensure the safety of all our customers and team. Please review our Covid-19 reopening risk assessment. The risk assessments are constantly being updated and reviewed to ensure best practice.
We are making these changes to continue to keep everyone safe and we will be reviewing these on a regular basis. Please continue to support us by observing any measures in place.
Thank you again for your support over what has been a very difficult time for everyone.