Re-opening Saturday 8th August
We are pleased to confirm that we will re-open from Saturday 8 August.
While we planned to re-open from the 25 July, in light off the increasing Coronavirus infections in Luton, Central Bedfordshire Council decided to postpone re-opening the centre as a precautionary measure.
Following the latest government announcement, we are now in a position to re-open the centre.
We are working hard to get the final preparations in place and we will be providing further information to customers regarding your membership in the next few days.
Gym, classes and swimming will be available from Saturday 8th August and you will be able to pre-book these activities from Wednesday 5th August. Our AquaEd lessons will recommence from Monday 10th August.
Using the Centre
The Dunstable Centre
The Dunstable Centre is looking forward to re-opening. In order to maintain new regulations and keep everyone safe there will be some changes to how we operate, what is available and how you use the centre.
For Your Health and Wellbeing
Stay at home and self-isolate even if you only have minor symptoms such as; such as cough; headache; mild fever; Exercise cannot ‘sweat it out’
Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub to kill any viruses that may be on your hands.
Please make sure you have washed and / or sanitised your hands before entering your activity session. We have extra sanitiser stations around the centre but we also recommend that you bring your own.
Maintain a distance of at least 2 metres from other persons in case they or you cough or sneeze spreading the virus through droplets.
One Way System & Circulation Areas
- A new 1 way system is operating throughout the centre, please follow the directional signage on the floor.
- Please come ready to work out, changing rooms will not be open at this stage
- Showers will not be available at this stage
- Toilets availability will be limited and due to the layout of our centre we ask that you co-operate with others on maintaining social distance. Please always wash your hands thoroughly.
- If you do require lift access then only 1 person in the lift at any 1 time unless you are from the same household or are a carer
Using The Gym
- Numbers will be controlled and you will not be able to just ‘swipe in’. If you haven’t booked online for your gym session you will have to register with sports reception your attendance. This may not be guaranteed if the fitness suite is at full capacity and therefore we encourage you to book online before your visit
- Gym sessions will be limited to 1 hour time frames and we ask that you immediately leave the facility following the 1 way system and new exit point
- The gym has been spaced out so that each station adheres to social distancing. To accommodate this, the gym has been re-arranged to maintain as much equipment as possible.
- Some equipment will not be in use and will clearly be marked, we ask that you do not use this equipment at any pointPlease wipe down the machine / equipment before and after each use and replace any equipment back into its storage area. Only use paper towel and spray provided to wipe the machines down.
Sweat towels are not permitted
Spotting and sharing of machines is not permitted so please only use weights you are comfortable with and be considerate to your fellow user over the time spent on a piece of equipment
Please follow the 1 way system around the gym.
The fitness suite will be closed twice daily for 30 minutes to carry out a deep clean of the equipment at11.00am and 4.30pm
- Please come ready for your workout class as changing rooms will not be available
- The class programme will be affected and some classes may not be programmes upon re-opening
- Please view the online booking of classes as the most accurate timetable of classes
- Please check start times as these may change and do not enter the centre until 5 minutes before your class
- Please queue on the markers outside the studio and wait for your instructor to provide access
- Please book online for your class, we are restricted in numbers and attempting booking upon arrival may result in you not being able to take part.
- Please bring your own mat as these will not be available
Classes have reduced in time to allow for cleaning and changeover, please make sure you clean your own equipment before and after each class with the paper towel and spray provided
Booking terms have changed for our re-opening and you can only book a maximum of 7 days in advance.
The class programme will be reviewed weekly
Please follow the 1 way system at all times throughout the building and leave after the class
- Upon re-opening only badminton, squash and table tennis will be available (Squash must be with 2 people from the same household)
- A maximum number of 2 users per sport is permitted
- We will not be hiring any equipment therefore you must bring your own equipment
- If your activity is in the Main Hall, you may experience noise (music and instruction) from exercise
- classes that have moved in to the hall.
- Booking terms have changed for our re-opening and you can only book a maximum of 7 days in
- Other sporting activities will be reviewed on a weekly basis.
- We will only be offering 1 activity at a time in the pool
- All bathers must come beach ready with their swimming attire under their clothing
- We ask bathers to arrive no earlier than 5 minutes prior to the session
- Lane swimming will be the only public swimming available for booking
- Lanes will be double in width and we ask bathers to observe the flow of swimmers and be respectful of social distancing at all times
- We ask that our users shower before and after use at home
- The pool will close for 15 minutes after each session to allow for a cleaning regime to take place
- We ask all AquaEd swimmers and parents to follow the 1 way and queuing system as instructed by staff
- Once the session is over we ask that all bathers leave the centre following the 1 way system
Any customer observed not following the above code of conduct will be asked to leave the centre immediately by staff.
Note if you are showing any of the symptoms of COVID-19 such as cough, headache or mild fever, for your safety and for the safety of you friends and their families stay at home.
We look forward to seeing you all soon.
- 100 Station Gym
- Three Workout Studios
- Group Cycle Studio
- Six Lane Swimming Pool
- Two Squash Courts
- Six Court Sports Hall
- Monthly Lifestyles Membership
- Annual Lifestyles Membership
- Monthly Xtra Membership
- Annual Xtra Membership
- Personal Training
- Free Lifestyle Programme
- Exercise Referral
- Technogym Mywellness
Court Drive, Dunstable, LU5 4JD
Building Opening Times
|We are currently closed||Due to Government announcement regarding COVID-19, we are currently closed to the public until further notice.|
|Mon - Fri||06:00 - 22:00|
|Sat - Sun||07:00 - 21:00|
Fitness Opening Times
|Mon - Fri||06:00 - 22:00|
|Sat||07:00 - 19:00|
|Sun||07:00 - 20:00|