Health Commitment Statement
We are dedicated to helping you take every opportunity to enjoy the equipment and facilities that we offer. With this in mind, we have carefully considered what we can reasonably expect of each other.
Relating to COVID-19 when meeting face to face
COVID-19 is highly contagious (it spreads easily). Your health and the health of other gym users is your responsibility.
Our commitment to you
- We will take all the relevant government-recommended precautions published online at www.gov.uk. These precautions are aimed at reducing the risk of spreading COVID-19.
- We will carry out a risk assessment and take reasonable steps to both manage social distancing and provide effective infection prevention.
- We will provide you with information about any changes we put in place, including any rules that we ask you to follow.
Your commitment to us and other gym users
- Do not enter the gym if you or anyone in your household has COVID-19 symptoms, or if you should be self-isolating as per the government guidelines, or if you have been contacted by the NHS Track & Trace team.
- By entering the gym, you accept that even though we have taken the appropriate precautions, you are still at risk of getting COVID-19. Familiarise yourself with the government guidelines published online at www.gov.uk about protecting yourself and others from COVID-19, and follow them.
- Familiarise yourself with the changes we have made and any rules we ask you to follow, and follow them.
Relating to exercise
Our commitment to you
- We will respect your personal choice, and allow you to make your own decisions about what exercise you can carry out. However, we ask you not to exercise beyond what you consider to be your own abilities.
- We will take reasonable steps to make sure that our equipment and facilities are clean and safe for you to use and enjoy for the normal purpose they were intended for. Bear in mind that we are not able to clean or inspect equipment and facilities after each use.
- We will take reasonable steps to make sure that our staff are qualified to Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity standards.
- If you tell us you have a disability that puts you at a substantial disadvantage in terms of accessing our equipment and facilities, we will consider which adjustments, if any, are reasonable for us to make.
Your commitment to us
- Do not exercise beyond your own abilities. If you know or are concerned that you have a medical condition that might interfere with you exercising safely, you should get advice from a relevant medical professional before you use our equipment and facilities, and follow it.
- Make yourself aware of any rules and instructions, including warning notices, and follow them. Exercise carries its own risks. When you are exercising, you are responsible for the risks involved. You should not carry out any activities that you have been told are not suitable for you.
- Let us know immediately if our equipment or facilities are unsafe to use or if you feel ill when using our equipment or facilities. Our staff members are not qualified doctors, but there will be someone available who has been trained in first aid.
- If you have a disability, follow the instructions provided to allow you to exercise safely.