USING THE CENTRE SAFELY
Silsoe Community Sports Centre
For Your Health and Wellbeing
- Stay at home and self-isolate even if you only have minor symptoms such as; a cough, headache, mild fever or loss of taste and or smell.
- Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub to kill any viruses that may be on your hands.
- Please make sure you have washed and / or sanitised your hands before entering your activity session. We have extra sanitiser stations around the centre but we also recommend that you bring your own.
- Maintain a distance of at least 2 metres from other people in case they or you cough or sneeze spreading the virus through droplets.
- Whilst in the building follow guidance on social distancing, direction of travel and other risk control measures that are put in place.
Car Park, building entry and restrictions in place
- Please ensure social distancing is observed whilst waiting to enter the centre.
Reception, One Way System & Circulation Areas
- Maximum numbers of people allowed in the building at any one time, even when queuing has been based on the activity area’s that are open and numbers defined.
- Expect to see clear partitions in place to shield our receptionists and we encourage all transactions to be contactless.
- A one- way system is operating throughout the centre, please follow the arrows on the floor.
- Leaving the centre will be via marked fire exits in relevant activity areas.
- Some doors around the building will be marked as entry, exit or out of use.
- Numbers will be controlled and you will not be able to just ‘swipe in’. If you haven’t booked online for your gym session you will have to register with reception and they will book you in if there is space to do so.
- In order to maintain fair usage sessions are bookable on the hour, every hour.
- We have re-arranged the gym to facilitate social spacing however, some high risk contact/ equipment has been removed.
- To facilitate the above some gym equipment is in the sports hall.
- Please wipe down the machines / equipment before and after each use and replace any equipment back into its designated area.
- No personal towels are to be brought in, only use blue roll and paper towels to wipe the machines / equipment down.
- Spotting and sharing of machines with members of your household or social bubble only.
- Please be considerate to your fellow users over the time spent on a piece of equipment.
- There is not a one way system in place to allow more fluidity around the gyms therefore we ask you keep a safe distance from other gym users.
- Please bring your own mat if you wish to do any floor work
Inline with the government roadmap, classes will not be available until at least the 17th May.
In place of the classes members can access on demand and a range of live streaming classes through our digital membership on the SLL lifestyles app.
Toilets changing rooms and shower provision
- Dryside change including showers are closed.
- Please come ready to work out if you are able to as changing room space will be limited.
- Lockers will also be limited so please plan not to be able to use them.
- Toilets availability will be limited and due to the layout of our centre we ask that you co-operate with others on maintaining social distancing.
Area’s currently out of use
- Upon re-opening badminton and table tennis will be available for the same household only.
- Where possible bring your own equipment.
- Booking terms and conditions apply and are subject to change.
- Other sporting activities will be reviewed on a weekly basis.
- To maximise space, some activities will be in different areas (see timetable for details).
Activities currently not running
- All workout classes (replaced with ondemand and live streaming via the SLL Lifestyles app)
- Active retired
- Creepy crawlies
Any customer observed not following the above Covid secure measures will be asked to leave the centre immediately by staff.
We look forward to seeing you all soon.
- Technogym fitness suite
- Multi Activity Games Area
- 2 Court Sports Hall
- Body Composition Scans
- Personal Training
- Free Lifestyles programme
- Exercise Referral
- Technogym My Wellness
Chestnut Avenue, Silsoe, Beds, MK45 4GP
|Mon - Fri||6.00am - 9.00pm|
|Sat - Sun||8.00am - 4.00pm|
The centre is located off of Barton Road.
Last entry to the centre is 45 minutes before close.
Working in partnership with Silsoe Community Trust.